Reddit, help me decide how I’m making this chicken stock

Hello r/askculinary, I’m a home cook who can’t make up his mind so is turning to the internet for arbitrary decisions. Question is below, I’ll take your input and do whatever I want with it. It all generally comes down to taste so just tell me what you like most personally. Also I’m drunk but whatever.

So in the keeping with the pandemic concerns I’m making some chicken stock in case I need the curative powers of chicken soup. Standard procedure for me is to use a few chicken carcasses I have frozen along with old veggie scraps, some of which has been frozen. Generally onion, garlic, carrot celery, y’know standard stuff. Some black peppercorns, a bit of salt sometimes other seasonings. Throw it all in a stock pot on low until its delicious then strain it and reduce.

So Here are my questions. 1, should I roast the veggies or not. (I normally just throw it in raw but I’m guessing y’alls will say roast it). 2, tomatoes. Yes or no? 3, garlic. So I remove the outer layers of skin but please confirm there’s no need to fully peel it, right? Side question, if its started to sprout just a bit, would you use it or chuck it? 4, well, I’m out of ideas; do you have any nifty tips or tricks that you think I wouldn’t know?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/st_robinson
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2WPxwyc

Comments