Do you trust recipes from a book or a website??

I usually find myself looking for inspiration online but if I'm looking for a specific recipe, I will look through my cookbooks and pick one. My chef from my last job(a restaurant) did the same thing. I thought most people did.

At my current job(a bakery) it bothered me that whenever the owner wanted to try out new recipes, she would print out something from a random blog post. She didn't own any cook books. She is also unfamiliar with many chefs/ pastry chefs.

I guess my point is, it is still common to purchase cookbooks? Do you use the ones you own? Or is the internet replacing these? What's your go to website or book when looking for recipes?

Im curious

submitted by /u/natv18
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2Uoy2l1

Comments