Are there any diary free alternatives to the so frequently called for diary in recipes?

I’m trying to go diary free again, I get acne from it consistently and I don’t want it anymore.

However this time I’m doing it I actually enjoy cooking and cook a lot, I have a lot of recipe books and I’ve been looking through them and most recipes call for diary which obviously takes them off the list. It’s a bit upsetting because they all sound like recipes I want to make.

Are there any genuinely good diary free replacements for things like: butter (massive one since it’s in everything), cream, milk? Those are the most frequently called for.

Diary free cheese is available at our supermarkets as well as yogurts, so I’m not fussed with that.

However I’m finding it really hard to think of a genuinely fatty delicious substitute for things like cream, milk, and butter.

I know nut milk etc. exist and I need to experiment with those, but otherwise I’m struggling to think of anything to use it the place of those things.

Any suggestions for this would be very helpful thank you

submitted by /u/sensual-toes
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/33RuomI

Comments