Weird flavor I've started noticing in Japanese curry

I've eaten a decent amount of Japanese curry, though the last two times I've had it I noticed a weird flavor I haven't noticed before.

There's this decently powerful flavor that's sort of hard to describe. Floral with a backing note of anisette, and it also might have a bit of a chemical thing going on. It's very strange.

What's more strange is that I've only recently started to notice it, and one of the times I noticed it was from a restaurant that I've literally eaten at before. The last time I had their katsu curry I didn't notice the flavor, and now I notice it.

Have I maybe developed a weird allergy to one of the spices used in Japanese curry?

submitted by /u/LeggieBoi
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2T8NDEJ

Comments