Is beignet dough supposed to be sticky?

I just made The NYT's beignet recipe and ended up with a pretty wet dough that I had to scrape out of my stand mixer and am wondering if something went wrong. I did substitute oat milk and coconut oil for the milk and butter but used the same total amounts, and I weighed the flour.

Here's the recipe:

1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast (I used instant)

¼ cup/50 grams granulated sugar

½ cup/120 milliliters whole milk (I used 1 cup oat milk)

¾ cup/180 milliliters warm water (I used 1/4 cup)

1 large egg

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (I used refined coconut oil)

½ teaspoon kosher salt

3 ½ cups/450 grams all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting

Vegetable oil, for greasing the bowl and deep-frying

Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ap1222
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2HVCxMT

Comments