What are some games that have had a positive impact on your life?

I've been thinking recently if games are able to spread positive messages or give players an experience that leaves a positive mark on their lives. For me, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Ring Fit Adventure are two games I'm playing right now that I feel are teaching me life lessons that will benefit me in the future.

For Sekiro, I think I'm finally learning to discipline myself and not rush through things anymore. Some of the toughest bosses in Sekiro require a level of patience and skill that I don't really apply in my life. At first I got very frustrated with the game and my friend told me I was playing it wrong. I tried bullying my way through fights and wasn't paying too much attention to the animations of certain attacks. I started taking things slow, using all of my abilities when I needed to, and only attacking when I was sure it was safe to do so. Soon enough, the game became much more manageable and it's turning into one of the best video games I've ever played. I'm using what I learned from Sekiro and applying it to my life now. I'm taking my time with cooking meals to make healthier dishes for myself, I'm much more patient at work and I'm starting to properly manage my time instead of trying to get a lot done at once, and I'm staying consistent with my workouts knowing that I won't achieve a perfectly fit body right away.

Speaking of workouts, Ring Fit Adventure is another game that's having a positive impact on my life, but this one is a bit more obvious. The workouts in Ring Fit do work a sweat and the game does a good job of setting a difficulty that's right for you. I've been staying consistent with it for a week and already feel like I'm developing much healthier habits.

So what are some games that have left a positive mark in your life for one reason or another? Interested to see what people think.

submitted by /u/Andinator
[link] [comments]

from top scoring links : Games https://ift.tt/2tIUpqY

Comments