What am I doing wrong with Rice?

So I am having trouble cooking rice on the stove top. Any kind of rice, yellow, white, jasmin, etc.

No matter what I do, the rice seems to burn on to the bottom of the pan. I'm using a saucier pan, All Clad. I've ever tried sauteing the rice in oil before adding the water or chicken/beef stock. And no matter what I do, no matter how low I turn the heat on my gas burner, I end up with this

https://i.imgur.com/BxNs3jY.jpg

The rice is so burnt to the pan that I have to soak the pan overnight to get it off. Even scraping with a wooden spoon does nothing, adding more water at the end, does nothing. What rice doesn't burn is fine and tasty, but I'm getting very tired of losing a significant amount of each portion to sticking.

I'm beginning to think that my gas burners are just too small for doing any of the kind of cooking that I do. I live in a fairly cheap apartment for my area, and the stove top is very obviously a cheap one. All the gas burners are the same size and very small compared to some of the more expensive models I've seen in stores and at other apartments.

Please help.

submitted by /u/TrikStari
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2RzO1LH

Comments