Bruschetta from restaurant had something I can’t identify

I was at an Italian restaurant and we ordered bruschetta. It was by far the BEST bruschetta I’ve ever had, but very unhealthy due to the bread and cheese (obviously lol).

My favorite part was the tomatoes and this basil(?) I cant identify.

It looked like an onion, but tasted like basil. I’m assuming it’s a type of basil, because there was nothing else on the dish that even could have been basil.

I want to recreate the vegetable portion for a healthy snack but I’m honestly clueless as to what this mystery ingredient could be.

My best guess is the stems of basil but that seems odd because I’ve never heard of that, plus they were translucent and looked whitish.

submitted by /u/angstvoll
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/38NvyRq

Comments