Why did my caramel have soft bits in it like flour

I just made a salted caramel to use as a topping on ice cream - going to serve with lava cakes for desert tonight.

I always make my caramel the same way

White sugar A tsp of lemon juice Stir When melted let the colour develop Add butter Add milk / cream Mix Done Add course salt to taste

I’m making it for the first time in my moms kitchen and when I was done I had what looked like little bubbles that if I hadnt made it myself I would swear looks like flour.

I ended up sieving out the clumps and it looked and felt like soft squishy bubbles.

Any idea why?

It tastes fine now that I seived it but it’s never happened to me before.

submitted by /u/Expatmommy79
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2tlGBBS

Comments