Looking for Books or Resources

I am looking for books or resources that have information about the basics of culinary. I want to learn why it is I do something in the kitchen and even possibly the science behind it. For example, when Chef Ramsey discusses making his eggs he explains why he adds salt AFTER most of cooking is done. Or another example is I am told when baking egg dishes, the eggs should be left out to get to room temperature before cooking. These examples may not be true, I don’t know, but hopefully they convey the point I am trying to make. My ultimate desire is to step away from using recipes and “tweaking” them and instead understanding culinary like a trained chef to unlock my creativity and freedom in the kitchen!

submitted by /u/420MemeGawd69
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2ta6xAA

Comments