Instant Pot SS liner w/Scotch Pad

Yup. Just got one for Xmas, some wierd goo got in the inside of the stainless steel liner, so like a dope I used the green scotch pad to try and scrub the goo off... leaving pretty swirls of light scratches. You really can't feel them (except for maybe two lines if you are trying to feel them) I then just steamed the thing and goo went away, but my question is: will these scratches affect performance as in will it be less nonstick in that area (an area of maybe 4 square inches) Will it be prone to deteriorating or rusting there? I don't care about how it looks as long as that doesn't affect performance in any way. My biggest worry is that it be more prone to stickiness there? I've been cast iron all my life..

Thanks!

submitted by /u/redpelon
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2Qn21GP

Comments