I bought roast beef sliced last week and put it in my freezer, I’m planning to make Chicago style Italian beef in a slow cooker, do I just thaw the roast beef prior to slow cooking it?

So I bought some roast beef for Italian beefs to be made, Chicago Style in a slow cooker.

One recipie I found the instructions say

“Cover, and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 4 to 5 hours. When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork.”

That recipe is for the whole roast and then you slice it. I don’t have the means to slice it so I’m thinking the following recipe:

Another says

  1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place sausage in pan and brown on all sides. Transfer meat to the bowl of a slow-cooker. Add Italian beef, onions, red peppers, garlic, cayenne, paprika, oregano, chili flakes, bay leaves, beef broth, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.

1) Which is the better method? 2) For the second recipie directions can I just leave out the sausage? 3)How do I ensure the meat is cooked if frozen sliced roast beef?

submitted by /u/2gdismore
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2tVPen0

Comments