Left Jambalaya Out Overnight :/

So I tried my hand at slow cooker jambalaya and it was a pretty good success! I made a huge batch of it, but being the total scatter-brained dingus that I am, I left it out to cool and completely forgot about it. I noticed it out on my counter the next afternoon, so it was out for about 15 hours. It's got shrimp, chicken, and andouille sausage. I know the seafood and poultry doesn't bode well for it surviving the night, but it's also very tomato-y - canned diced tomatoes and tomato paste.

As I understand it, the acidity of the tomatoes helps keep bacteria at bay for a bit, and I really really don't want to toss like ~$50 worth of good food. Is it safe to eat (maybe also pan frying portions beforehand), or do I really have to toss it?

TL;DR: Made bunch of jambalaya and left it out overnight - should I toss it?

submitted by /u/CRAZEERUSKEE
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/37T7QDU

Comments