How do you handle and prepare chicken?

Meat in general is something I don’t really know how to cook, especially chicken and pork. It’s like I’m almost afraid to cook it myself in case I cross contaminate and don’t realize it or undercook it, so I just haven’t cooked it out of fear I guess. But I do want to start eating more chicken (and not the precooked chicken breasts you can buy) to try to eat more healthy. What do you use to disinfect/clean your work area and kitchen tools? Will just hot soapy water do? How do you know when it’s done cooking without a meat thermometer? And how do you store it in the fridge if you plan on using it the next day? Do you need to use two spatulas when flipping the chicken on the pan (using a clean spatula to move it onto a plate so it doesn’t contaminate the cooked chicken)? I feel dumb for not knowing any of this but it wasn’t something I was ever taught so I’m totally clueless. Any help and tips is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/piddly-diddle
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2OXFZcU

Comments