Looking for ideas on how to recreate orange chicken size discrepancies

When I buy orange chicken at most restaurants, even outside of fast food, or frozen from the store, the individual pieces of chicken are not uniform, have an assortment of sizes and shapes, and significantly more surface area than the cube shapes I tend to get when I cut chicken breast at home to make my own. The unevenness adds more room for breading and sauce, but when I cut the pieces at home they end up being cut into roughly square shapes. I realize this doesn’t effect the flavor, more the mouth feel and the appearance, but if anyone had any ideas aside from “cut the pieces into funny shapes”, I would appreciate it

submitted by /u/firstheir
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/36g6Okh

Comments