How to correctly dye fondant?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here it is. My friend’s birthday is on Friday, and I wanted to bake her a cake and put a fondant detail on it. The fondant shape in question is a “blohsh”. My friend is a big Billie Eilish fan and said “blohsh” is, like, the icon of the fan base (i.e. if Billie Eilish was Iron Man, the “blohsh” would be the arc reactor). The only problem, it’s neon green with a black outline. I have a plan for getting the right shape, but how do I color it neon green?

Not only that, but how do I get a black color? At the very least, I’m going to try to get black frosting, but when I watch cooking videos, to get a good to be black, they use, I think, activated charcoal. Is activated charcoal the only thing I can use to dye frosting black? Where would I be able to find food safe charcoal?

Is there any way I can do this without breaking the bank?

here is a picture with the color I’m looking for

submitted by /u/MarveliteFreak
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/34aR6oQ

Comments