Cooked chickpea fermentation?

I cooked a big batch of chickpeas last Saturday morning. Separated into 2 jars (different), one went to the fridge and the other to the counter. I actually never keep them in the counter but I wanted to try. Besides the jar and place being kept, they followed the same steps and were the same.

Today I found that the one in the counter had been leaking and the lid had a bump (I heard before this is a health alert in conservatives). I could see some bubbles as well. When opening the jar, all the liquid rushed up.

What happened here? I tried to look if they fermented but internet says people usually ferment before. They taste a bit off but not that much, still don't want to risk without knowing. Fungus activity? Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/superpollo4
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2PtZwDI

Comments