Are there any good tips, books, references, videos (anything!!) On how to use substitutes? I like to play around with what I buy at the grocery store and that often involves trying to figure out how to use them when cooking. Is there any way I can learn a bit of food science I guess?

Some examples of foods I bought to try but am having trouble using them as substitutes:

  1. Almond flour
  2. Pea milk
  3. Plain Greek yogurt
  4. Whipped butter

I want to be able to for example say "I know pea milk has less fat and is less creamy than regular milk. Therefore if I'm substituting milk for pea milk I should ______ to factor that in or expect ______ to happen differently"

submitted by /u/9gagWas2Hateful
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2BL1S9l

Comments