New oil-frying technique?

I realize it's not the healthiest, but I'm a big fan of frying food at home, especially when it comes to tilapia. I had an idea recently that in my head seems pretty good, but I wanted to run it by people who might have more experience than me as I'm a home cook.

So my wife, the good woman that she is, has been concerned for my health lately with all this fried food. It occurred to me that, logically, fried food comes out covered in oil. I don't think I really have the time to dab the grease off every piece of fish individually when it comes out, so I was wondering if I could dilute the fat content of the final product quickly by pouring water into my grandpappy oil fryer, while it's cooking the fish.

submitted by /u/Ipadcomics
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2lYfp91

Comments