Freezer acting up, frozen meats have been somewhat defrosted

These are NY steaks from Costco and chicken breasts that both have been vacuum sealed for the purpose of sous vide-ing. Unfortunately as title says, the freezers temperature has been less than stellar for the last 2-3 days and now I’m seeing juices in my steak bags.

General question is what’s the food safety rule on partially defrosted meats vacuum sealed? They still have some firmness in them but if I see steak juices that seems like bad news, especially if I’m unsure of how long this was happening for.

If it helps, last time I cooked one of these was the chicken breasts last Thursday. The breasts are a week old. The steaks are about 3 weeks old. I season both with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

submitted by /u/daellin
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/dbl036/freezer_acting_up_frozen_meats_have_been_somewhat/

Comments