Food sticking to wok question

Hi,

I recently bought a carbon steel wok and I seasoned it with portable burner with vegetable oil. The rim around the flat bottom is completely black and slick. However food keeps sticking to the flat bottom portion, and I had to scrape it off with the green side of my sponge and re-seasoned afterwards.

I did scraping and re-seasoning multiple times (high heat on electric stove and applying thin layer of oil with paper towel), and also tried heat high enough that oil starts to burn immediately after putting in. But every time I stir fry, food sticks to the bottom and I have this black char that is unremovable without scraping off.

I have to do this every time I stir fry and it's getting very annoying. What am I doing wrong?

I currently don't have oven and burner with me so electric stove is the only option for seasoning.

submitted by /u/rohast
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2mjyL90

Comments