Storing raw fish while prepping for sushi

I live in Brazil, in a more hot and relative humid area. My biggest question is, after buying the fish (I buy whole fish already filleted in the fish market), what's the best way to store it in the fridge while I finish prepping other stuff to make sushi. Should I wrap the fish pieces in plastic and store it in a thermal bag with ice? What's the best way to store it similarly to the sushi restaurants where you see the ready to cut pieces through the glass of the balcony.

I had problems in the past with storing the salmon in a plastic container in the fridge and it getting runny and oily, just after a few hours.

I also have sushi su (tempered rice vinegar for sushi rice) that I made 6 months ago, is it still good for seasoning my rice?

Sorry for any misspellings or weird phrasings xD

submitted by /u/Baratao00
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/34eWWGt

Comments