Planning a Surf & Turf Dinner for 7. Please help me finishing my menu.

Hi there! I will be cooking a surf & turf dinner for a party of 7 within weeks and I'd like all of your help to finish the menu.

The stars of the show right now are Wagyu Filet Mignon and Norwegian Lobster (Langoustine). The filet mignon currently will be sous-vide'd with garlic rosemary butter and then quickly seared before serving; the langoustines will be prepared 3 ways: grilled with herb butter, poached in garlic butter, and boiled in salt water then served in dipping sauce(s).

Besides bread and tossed salad, what else would you recommend to finish this occasion? I'm particularly looking for starch and vegetable sides, but all ears! Thanks!

I'd been cooking for about 14 years and had some experience with complex recipes. No need to hold back! I love a challenge. The only thing is that one of my friend shows discomfort after consuming red wine so I might avoid anything that uses reds (reduction, stock, etc.)

submitted by /u/kerpaderp
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/34hDJnR

Comments