Need help getting chocolate to the right consistently for a "drizzle".

I am trying to perfect a recipe for caramel corn drizzled with chocolate. So far I have tried semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips but when I melt them they never get fluid enough to drizzle over the caramel corn. I have been using the America's test kitchen method for melting the chocolate in the microwave on med power in short bursts but the chocolate never seems to get runny enough to drizzle from a spoon. It doesn't seize, but just stays thick. I would like to be able to drizzle the chocolate and then have it harden to a tempered state if possible. The sweetness of the caramel corn would allow for pretty bitter chocolate so maybe I should try a different chocolate? Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/hamamyyama
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/325jQyb

Comments