Is my sauce recipe gonna be enough?

I’m making dinner tonight of fresh spaghetti, simmered tomato sauce and roasted vegetables. I have about a pound of pasta dough. Here’s what my sauce is: Extra virgin olive oil 1 red onion (I love onion) 4 cloves of garlic 3 oz tomato paste 28 oz good quality crushed tomatoes A few tablespoons of butter Basil, oregano, Rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Finely mince the onion and garlic. Sweat in a stainless steel pan. Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute to soften it. Add your crushed tomatoes, and simmer for up to half hour. Because you cook it in a pan and it’s a small batch, it cooks quickly. Season with desired seasonings and add the butter. Will this be enough for a pound of pasta? I did some math, and I think that it will, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m a fan of saucy pasta rather than barely sauced pasta. When a sauce is homemade and reduced enough, it blows my mind every time I eat it.

submitted by /u/PrangsterGangster69
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2Lc3TAL

Comments