Which method is preferred when baking a brioche?

The recipe I'm following says to bake the brioche for 30 minutes at 350F, but I've been reading online about another method to improve the rise: baking for 15 minutes at 400F, and then reduce the heat to 350F and finish baking with an aluminum foil cover. Do you guys have any suggestions? Also a side question, I've been debating what kind of wash to brush it with before baking. A plain egg yolk? egg yolk mixed with milk? egg white with water? What do you guys think is the best wash to use for this kind of sweet bread? I should also mention, I have the brioche in the refrigerator, leaving it to rest overnight, how long should I take it out in the morning before baking it in the oven? Thanks, I appreciate any input!

submitted by /u/DefiantCelebration
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2KceEBr

Comments