How can I keep my seasoning from sticking to a pan and keep it on the food?

I've been having problems with seasoning various meats cooking on an electric stove top with a non-stick pan. Every time I cook I always make sure there's enough oil to cover the entire pan and then put on my meat. After that I season one side and wait a few minutes before flipping onto the side where I would then season the side that was cooking. However when I then go to cook the sides (usually steak) I see all of the seasoning on the first side is now stuck to the pan and have rendered an entire side of meat without any season. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here like maybe letting one side cook for too long or maybe I need even more oil in the pan? I'm going mad trying to make good food and am tired of always seeing all the seasoning on one side just sit there and making the end result look terrible.

submitted by /u/Dried_Squid_
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2Yuvqkp

Comments