Freezing and defrosting chicken

Hi there,

Last weekend I went to the local market and bought meat in bulk to freeze and stock up in attempt to start budgeting and planning my meals out. What I did was buy plastic freezer bags, wrap the meat in it, squeeze the air out and tie it. I then placed it straight in the freezer. I took it out to defrost in my fridge a couple of nights and when I checked the meat this morning (I plan on cooking with it tonight) I noticed some water at the bottom of the plastic bag which the chicken was sitting in. I'm guessing that I didn't squeeze enough air out of the bag which resulted in ice to develop and then melt after being defrosted in the fridge. I am very paranoid about food poisoning and handling meat (especially because this is my first time freezing it).

Is the meat still going to be okay? I'm just looking for some advice because I'm unsure if I did everything corretly.

Cheers.

submitted by /u/Nyx_By_Night
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2LMVwx1

Comments