Tare for spicy tonkotsu ramen

I’d like to make a spicy tonkotsu ramen. I’m using ramen_lord’s 18H tonkotsu broth and making hong you chili oil and spice powder (chili powder and sichuan peppercorns) to go on top.

I’d like to make a spicy tare as well. However I’m not sure what kind of tare I should make. The only recipes for spicy tare I can find are miso-based and I don’t know if that would go well with the broth. I could make a shoyu tare with some spicy ingredients but I don’t know what I would add (maybe doubanjiang or gochuujang?) and how I would incorporate it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good spicy tare - miso based, soy based or something else entirely?

submitted by /u/anxiety_anne
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2Neljjj

Comments