Opening a donut shop! Can anyone help me with custard and curd!?

Hi there, I'm opening a donut shop at an indoor flea market in Ontario, Canada and I would love to be able to make filled donuts with my own fillings. I have a recipe for a delicious lime curd and a cream cheese custard, my question is, is it possible to cook them to be stable and safe to eat after sitting at room temp for longer then 2 hours ie. In a donut. Ideally this wouldnt happen, they would sell/be eaten hastily...but some ppl will not eat them right away, and they cant really be refrigerated either, does anyone have any experience selling homemade custards or curds in baked goods?

The alternative is buying fillings from suppliers. Does anyone have any good suggestions for companies that make delicious, shelf stable fillings? I was looking at dawn, any experience with them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

submitted by /u/bread_makes_u_fatt
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2xbEXSj

Comments