Can't pick a knife

I apologise if this is a tired question. I am just a home cook - no training. But I've been reading up on knives and sharpening. I have some wetstones and have been practicing on my knives (they are just a crappy Cuisinart set I got as a wedding gift).

I'd like to buy a wa-gyuto knife as an all purpose meat/veggies type knife. I don't do any de-boning or taking apart primal cuts.

I want a wood, octogonal wood handle with a full carbon steel blade. 210-240mm. Rockwell hardness of 60 or more.

Can this be had for Less than $200? There are so many options out there, I can't decide. I don't want to buy something expensive just because it's expensive.

submitted by /u/SaradominSmiles
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2JOw35r

Comments