Would Castella be a good cake type for tres leches?

I recently found out the existence of Castella cake and it looks very nice! I have an upcoming birthday and the birthday gal asked me to make a tres leches. I was wondering if Castella would be a good type of cake.

The original tres leches cake recipe that I know of is also heavy on the egg side and vanilla flavored, just like the Castella recipe. The texture also does seem good to be soaked in the milks mixture, but I’ve read Castella tends to be moist and gooey by itself. Then again, I have never had Castella, so I ask the lovely people here if you think this would be a good combo.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/CrazyBirboLady
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2ISjIMT

Comments