Pro-Am/"Prosumer" Quality Motorized Pasta Roller?

I make a lot of pierogi every year, probably about 2000 individual pierogi. It's not for profit but it's a family tradition for holidays for my friends.

A number of years ago I purchased a Marcato Atlas 150 pasta roller, and it revolutionized my process by making my dough precise and saving my back at the same time. Unfortunately, because I've used it so much and because it's a consumer-grade product and because pierogi dough is probably a bit tougher to roll than pasta dough, it's begun to start clicking, and I feel like there's plastic gears inside which have broken.

Normally, I'd just purchase another one; this thing is the perfect size for what I make and it's worked really great all this time... but I'm thinking a new one is just going to have the same problem eventually, and the motorized attachment I have for it is kind of slow as well (no doubt because of the plastic gears inside the roller... a faster motor would probably destroy those!). I feel like since I'm looking at buying a new machine at this point, maybe it's time to consider putting some money into a better quality device. Maybe something designed for "pro-am" level cooks, or even restaurants. Something that will have a really decent speed and reliability.

Is there any suggestions out there for this? Every guide I can find for pasta rollers seems to be geared more towards home cooks who make pasta once every couple of weeks... I am interested in something better now.

Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/Woolbrick
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2GPXJnN

Comments