Macaroon Mishap

Feel pretty silly about this as I feel macaroons are pretty easy to make, but I made some macaroons with egg whites & sugar (no sweet condensed milk) and I think unsweetened coconut flakes (probably mistake #1...). I made the balls a little too big and had to bake them twice as long. Out of the oven they looked great and the bottoms had a nice slick sugar base. They were falling apart slightly, but I thought this might be because they were still cooling. Once cooled, they held together. I put them in a tupperware for a gathering at my apt the next day. I went to try them the morning of the gathering and they were completely mushy!! They are all very soft and have crumbled. I feel bad throwing them away. Is there anything I can make with them? Can I re-use them to make macaroons with sweet condensed milk? Is that gross?

submitted by /u/laurl0re
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2J2YHP3

Comments