I'm trying to copy Kashi Basil, White Bean & Olive Oil savory bars

Hi there,

Kashi discontinued these savory bar line of theirs and my husband really misses them. I have a dehydrator and I am thinking I could make these bars in it.

The Ingredient list is

Whole grain oats, brown rice flour, extra virgin olive oil, dried can syrup, navy bean powder, acacia gum, expeller pressed sunflower oil, quinoa, dried tomato, millet, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sorghum, basil, sea salt, dried spinach , dried lemon, molasses, garlic powder, black pepper, soy lecithin, baking soda, rosemary extract for freshness, oregano, thyme.

I'm wondering if anyone know what the acacia gum maybe for and could I sub the brown rice flour with white? Will it need to be cooked?

I'm thinking that I may just be able to blend many of these ingredients while wet , spread it out on the dehydrator trays then sprinkle the other stuff like the seeds on to it.

So I'm wondering if the rice flour should be cooked first .

submitted by /u/DragonBorn76
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2IRukeY

Comments