I tend to use the left over chicken carcass to make a plain stock for my pet dog, is there any benifits from cooking it way longer than normal?

Normally if I were to make a stock for human consumption I'd slow cook it anywhere between 4-8 hours with a load of carrots onions garlic celery and seasoning

This is for my dog so it's simply just the carcass and water no seasoning or anything else, would I get more flavour out of it leaving it for say 12 hours or is there a cut off point?

I like to then process the remains into a puree and mix it all back in for a tasty extra to my pooches meals, I'm just wondering if there's any point in letting it slow cook much longer?

submitted by /u/slimjoel14
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2XUrRUF

Comments