Four attempt ended up in the trash.

So I've attempted to make a smoked Gouda and white cheddar Mac and cheese a few times and I usually end up with the same result. Here's my method and what I've done to attempt to fix it.

Cook noodles strain and set aside. In a pot add some milk and my harder cheeses to begin to melt. As it heats I add my softer cheeses, butter and some cream cheese. Mix and heat on medium low. The result is always a slightly runny sauce and either stringy or grainy cheese.

My ideas to fix it have been: heat the sauce slower. I thought I might be curdling the cheeses. Then I used a bit of water and cornstarch. I also tried using d milk thinking the higher fat content might help.

Each attempt has been slightly better but it still comes out unappetizing. Please send help

submitted by /u/NarrowEscapeChulupa
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2J2FJbf

Comments