Why are my prawn heads mushy?

• Never had this problem before.

• Recently, I've been having mushy & super soft prawn heads after I've cooked them. Rest of their body is fine, like how chewy/snappy a prawn is. I have no idea what is causing them.

• I live in Lahore, Pakistan and therefore I buy them frozen from either Karachi (via shipping) or local supermarkets.

• I thaw them in a bag submerged in cold water and change water 2 times, every 15 mins.

Recipe: Lemon Garlic Butter Prawns

1) Use papertowel to pat them dry.

2) Season with salt and pepper.

3) Use olive oil in pan + garlic + butter on medium-heat

4) Cook prawns 2 mins each side/until pink and add lemon.

Same methodology as before when heads weren't turning out mushy/soft.

What am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/HighHell99
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/uiIYhNw

Comments