Hi all,
I've recently gotten into making tiramisu and while reception has been good in terms of taste, there's an issue that's been irking me.
I use Vincensovo saviordi biscuits, and dunk very quickly (<1 second) in cold coffee and then let drip off excess before placing these into the tray. I've noticed that the savioridi almost instantly starts to lose structure - As in my fingers can feel it breaking down in that short period.
I've tried even brushing coffee over the biscuits instead and this had the opposite effect of the biscuits not being soft enough.
By the time I take out the Tiramisu the next day, the layer is essentially very moist and kind of melts in your mouth rather than have a semi moist semi spongey texture. Is this how its meant to be? - My only reference is restaurant tiramisu I've bought where its more spongey.
Thanks for any suggestions.
[link] [comments]
from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/P2Qtfe0
Comments
Post a Comment