Maybe this is the wrong place for this question, but it's making me crazy and I need feedback from the void that is the internet!
I ordered a halibut dish at an upscale NY Soho restaurant last night. This is how it was listed on the menu: Broiled Maine halibut, green garlic sauce, chanterelles, fava beans.
My very first bite of the halibut had four or five pin bones that I had to pull out of my mouth. One of them got caught in my throat and caused some pain for the rest of the evening. I flagged the server to let her know, assuming this was overlooked in prep. She took it to the kitchen. When she came back she informed me that according to the chef, the bones are part of that cut of halibut and are supposed to be there.
Am I off in thinking that’s totally wrong? I’ve never in my life been served a fish fillet with pin bones purposefully left in.
[link] [comments]
from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/nxh96XW
Comments
Post a Comment