Hey there, I got my hands on about a kilo of chuck roast. I wanted to turn that into a Shashlik kebab/ slavik skewer with a more asian/ Korean twist for an upcoming gathering. The original idea was to replace the original Slavic marinade with something more Korean. But the longer I've been reading up on how marinades work, the more confused I've got. Apparently, marinades dont penetrate that deep. So would making the meat pieces smaller result in a more concentrated flavour? Do I need more concentrated flavour from the marinade, or should I maybe just make better sauces for the final dish? Does the marinade even affect the tenderness that much if it only penetrates a few milimeters? Does velveting help with bigger pieces (1-3 cm^3)?
I think you guys got the point that I'm very, very lost here.
TLDR:
I want to cut chuck roast into cubes, marinate them in something Korean, put them on a skewer and make it both tender and tasty. Please help!
[link] [comments]
from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/B1UaxLy
Comments
Post a Comment