Help improving my bolognese?

So I just started learning to cook and this is one of the first dishes I've made. The original recipe I used was pretty basic so I improvised on some things and while I think it came out alright I definitely feel it could be much better. If there's anything you think I should add/remove or do differently I would really appreciate it.

Ingredients

1lb lean ground beef

1lb pasta

1 25 oz jar of Rao's marinara sauce

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 cup shredded carrots

1 cup minced celery

1/2 medium sized onion minced

3 minced garlic cloves

------

1/2 teaspoon of each

black pepper

basil

thyme

oregano

parsley

paprika

------

1 tbsp salt

2 bay leaves

steps I took

1- toast the spices in a small pan ( minus the black pepper)

2-sweat onion, celery and carrots in a sauce pan on medium heat

3-add spices to sauce pan to bloom

4- add beef and garlic - cook till brown

5- add jar of marinara sauce as well as the salt and black pepper

6- let simmer for 30 minutes and boil pasta

7-add 1/2 of heavy cream and remove from heat

submitted by /u/No_Permission9834
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/fR7n5kH

Comments