Would like to not kill people with aged eggnog

Hi folks, hoping you can help me with a couple questions.

For the past few years I've made Alton Brown's aged eggnog recipe with great success. I've seen various anecdotal claims that the high alcohol content essentially eliminates any possibility of spoilage regardless of aging, and I even have a 2 year old bottle myself that tastes/smells fine.

That said, I'd like to have a bit more reassurance on these claims especially as I give out many bottles per year. So, I was wondering whether it's possible to calculate ABV based on the standard recipe, and also find out at what ABV is a solution self-sterilizing due to alcohol content?

Any help on these two points is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/ta-dome-a
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/hJbjCgs

Comments