Wanting to learn more fine-dining culinary techniques...online.

I know this is a huge hot button for a lot of us in culinary, but I want to just get some ideas.

I went to culinary school for a year just to get a basic diploma or certificate in culinary arts. Learn the basics, nothing special. Okay great, I then went on to a corporate kitchen, then scratch kitchen. I worked up to sous chef (not an ACTUAL sous chef, but the old one quit and I was lead line cook so they just gave me the title..) at a country club.

Fast forward through COVID and to present day. I am back in corporate, which honestly I'm okay with due to the benefits they offered me and the pay was much better than I could have asked for.

BUT now I feel like I have lost ALL my lessons from schooling. I feel I dont remember much of anything at all anymore. I work in an environment where the chef prepares a recipe for all the dishes and I mindlessly follow the instructions. Every. Day. Repeat.

Again, I love the money, and I love the benefits overall. But this isn't the culinary area I was going for when I started.

I dont see myself being able to ever fulfill my dream of working on a michelin star restaurant team - but I really would like to at least have some fine dining knowledge to be able to recreate at home for friends and family.

I was hoping to find some online resources that can help me learn more fine dining techniques and lessons that I would have gotten had I continued towards the fine dining aspect of culinary.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/notsofrugalbugal
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/8NYJcmG

Comments