Chewy chicken breasts in oven, how do I avoid it?

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong so I'll list everything done and hope someone can help me! I need "less chewy" chicken breasts to eat during the week

Steps: got boneless skinless chicken breast from the store, marinaded in a salad dressing made for marinading for 24 hours in a zip lock in the fridge, put on aluminum foil on baking sheet on middle rack at 375 until the center of the breast was 165 (higher but not above 175).

Results: Each cut nicely with juices and flavor but was kinda chewy compared to stuff I'd get at a restaurant. Put some in fridge in sealed plastic Tupperware. Next day reheated in the Tupperware with lid slightly off. Chicken was chewier than before. Froze the rest in plastic baggies.

Where did I screw up? Should I pan cook them to finish? Is it the reheating method? Storage? Is it the chicken breast type I shouldn't be getting?

Any help much appreciated! I'm trying to get chicken in as my daily protein and I can't stand the chewy factor here

submitted by /u/BlueSky1877
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/LB7uEam

Comments