How to keep prepared masa from sticking in tortilla press?

I've made tortillas probably 100+ times. I've used a variety of masa harinas (masienda, maseca, bob's red mill). Each time I've made it the exact same way: masa harina, water, maybe some salt. Mix per instructions, press with plastic covering the press, cook, voila. I stopped buying tortillas because it's so good.

However: I recently bought a bag of prepared masa (as in freshly made, not a flour) from a local fancy tortilla company. No instructions on the bag, so I do the same thing I always did, just without the mixing. Straight to the press. Each time I pressed it, the uncooked tortilla stuck to the plastic and fell apart.

What am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/GothAlgar
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/b7gIvan

Comments