Smoking Pasta

Absolute, undeniable cooking noob here.

I wanted to get creative (even if it was a disaster) and cook some pasta al dente, then smoke/partially dry the pasta in a metal culindar in the smoker for about 4 minutes on a low temp.

My thinking is, if I dry it slightly I'm sealing in that smokey flavor and making it possible to cook Mac and cheese slightly longer in the smoker afterwards, thus being able to add even more smoke before the pasta starts falling apart.

I have a dish smoking now at 400°f. I assume it will at least be comparable to non smoked iterations but is there any chance there's something to my logic on smoking the pasta al dente briefly.

I seriously have little idea what I'm doing besides my knowledge of chemistry that doesn't involve food so any professional advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am just having fun. This might be garbage. It's how I enjoy spending my sunday's so please keep the comments civil.

submitted by /u/PlugTheBabyInDevon
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/exqwDk0

Comments