Wolf Range - Induction vs. Gas

I know this has been asked on this sub before, and I did review those threads, but I'm really still stuck personally. I have never cooked on induction before. We are doing a kitchen remodel and have a $10k Wolf dual-fuel range on order. However, with all the talk about gas ranges getting banned, we got curious about induction, and I was surprised to learn that it is faster, easier to control, and safer.

Our salesperson says we can switch to the induction range for $500 more, but also says we're exempt from any potential ban since we already ordered, and claims that Wolf's gas ranges don't leech as much as a garden variety Whirlpool. I'm not sure how true this is. I also briefly test-drove the induction range and found the controls (touch screen) a bit kludgy to use. I feel like I prefer traditional knobs like on a gas stove, but maybe I'd get used to the touch control, I really don't know. I also like the traditional look of the knobs and grates vs. the flat top, but of course, the latter is easier to clean, and you can even set non-cookware items on it to reclaim some counter space (I've heard of people placing an Instant Pot there, so that it can vent directly into the range hood). Our cookware is not compatible with the induction top, but a few hundred bucks in new cookware pales in comparison to a $10k range.

Both my wife and I are very much 50/50 on this, and since it's so expensive, whatever we buy is what we intend to use for decades, so there's a lot of pressure to buy the right thing the first time. I would appreciate any helpful insights that could help lean us one way or the other.

submitted by /u/mbdta7000
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/UZR9EnF

Comments