What in the world happened to my jello cake?

I have been making jello cake the same way for years. Tear up angel food cake into bite-size pieces, throw it into Pyrex. Make one large box of strawberry Jell-O on the stove top and pour it over the cake. Cut up strawberries and put it in as well. Put it in fridge. Let it sit 12 to 18 hours. Top with Cool whip.

Done. I usually use pre-made angel food cake because it only costs a couple dollars more and it's way faster.

We ate it and it was incredibly salty. I'm talking ungodly, unbearably salty. I did not add anything. I even reviewed the jello box to make sure I didn't get something weird.

What could have happened? Is there some weird reaction if I over boil the jello? Was I sabotaged? Do Cool whip or strawberries turn into a salty taste if they are bad? I made this at my firehouse so I'm leaning towards it being sabotage.

submitted by /u/SaltInMyJello
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/uejWLim

Comments