11lb bone out beef rib-eye roast, don't want to mess this up

Dear Wise Folk:

My plan was to season the outside of this roast in salt and pepper, and then sous vide it for 24 hours at 145 F, then slice it into 3/4 in slices and finish in a hot cast-iron skillet maybe 20-ish seconds per side to get a nice crust, and then serve it.

One of my guests thought it was too long, the other said I should cook at a higher temp, because it's so much meat, and so I figured I'd ask you all for advice.

The goal here is steak night. We still want a bit of chew to the meat, not completely tender and falling apart. We're looking for medium-medium well done-ness (although for the one guest who wants well done, I'll just cut their slice thin and cook in the cast iron longer).

The Dinner is set for Wednesday night, so unless I hear otherwise, Tuesday afternoon around 4:00 pm CST I'm going with the original plan.

Thank you all for your advice.

submitted by /u/BetterMe_afterP
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/MFPf9qI

Comments